Parenting Children with ADHD (Kalgoorlie)
As a parent, do you recognise some of this thoughts and feelings:
- Should I be doing it differently?
- I keep trying but it does not get any easier
- Why am I the only parent finding this so hard?
- Everyone thinks I am such a terrible parent.
- Will my child ever be independent?
- Sometimes I just do not know what to do.
No matter if you are new to ADHD or have been managing it for some years, this program will help you rekindle your passion for parenting and will include:
- Up to date information on ADHD and how ADHD impacts on your child’s ability to carry out daily tasks and why it can be challenging.
- What is the most effective parenting today?
- Parenting strategies and tools which are known to work with ADHD.
- Managing defiant behaviours and setting boundaries.
- Understanding how your emotions impact how you parent.
- Methods to manage your emotions and the benefits to looking after yourself.
Where: YMCA Kalgoorlie, WA
When: 26 and 27 May 2021, from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Cost: FREE, this is a 2-session face to face workshop that will conclude with a zoom follow-up
Facilitator: Susan Hughes
For more information: Phone 08 9068 1821 or email GoldfieldsEsperance.PCWA@anglicarewa.org.au
To register: https://bit.ly/3gHGF3b